Inpatient rehabilitation at Newton Medical Center is a program designed to rehabilitate patients to their highest functional level and return them to the community. We strive to provide excellent care centered on the individual needs of each patient.
- Be medically stable
- Require rehabilitation nursing care 24 hours a day and close supervision by a physician
- Have the potential to improve functional skills
Pre-admission screenings are provided at no charge to determine eligibility for admission. To request a pre-admission screening or a tour of the unit, call 316-804-6202.
Conditions commonly treated:
- Hip fracture
- Joint replacements
- Neurological disorders (i.e., M.S., Parkinson’s disease, ALS)
- Brain injury
- Congenital deformities
- Spinal cord injuries
- Other disabling conditions (i.e., cancer, congestive heart failure, infection)
Common impairments addressed in therapy:
- Loss of mobility
- Loss of balance/coordination
- Loss of bowel/bladder control
- Difficulty in everyday activities (i.e., eating, grooming, dressing, bathing, homemaking)
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty with speech and language/voice disorders
- Memory deficits and judgment difficulties
- Safety awareness
Who will be involved in my care?
Our team of rehabilitation professionals has the special skills and training necessary to help you become as independent as possible in all your activities of daily living.
- Medical Director – Physiatrist
- Rehabilitation Program Director
- Rehabilitation Nurses
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Social worker
- Respiratory Therapist
Is inpatient rehabilitation right for you?
We create a homelike environment with private bedrooms and bathrooms in which people can work toward a return to independent living. Families are included, supported and welcomed in the healing process. Newton Medical Center’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit team brings years of experience to the unit and looks forward to helping patients through the rehabilitation journey. For more information call 316-804-6202.