Call 911 for emergency situations. Trained responders are your best source of first-line access to care. Always choose this option if you are experiencing acute symptoms, such as chest pain, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, profuse bleeding or loss of consciousness. If it is an emergency to you, then call 911.
Go to an emergency room. The Newton Medical Center Emergency Room is at the intersection of I-135 and Highway 50 (Exit 30) in Newton. The phone number is 316-283-2700 or 1-800-811-3183. If another emergency room is closer to your location, go to it.
After-hours Care by Phone
Your physician or his/her designated on-call provider may be reached during non-office hours by calling the clinic phone number and selecting the option to “reach your physician” or by dialing 1-800-811-3183 or 316-283-2700.
Calling your physician for non-emergent issues may save you the high cost and wait of a trip to the emergency room.
Please respect our providers and call only when the problem cannot wait until the next business day.
Provide the operator with:
- Your name:
- If you are not the patient, please leave your name and your relationship to the patient
- Phone number
- Name of the patient
- Reason for your call
- Stay by the phone and remove any call blocks on your phone line
- Symptoms you need to discuss
- List of your current medications and/or allergies
- Phone number of an open pharmacy
Call back if the provider does not respond within 30 minutes or if your condition changes.
Please do not call after hours to:
- Schedule, change or cancel and appointment
- Refill medications
- Talk about billing or other nonmedical issues
NARCOTIC PAIN MEDICATIONS ARE NEVER PRESCRIBED OR REFILLED DURING NONBUSINESS HOURS — Do not ask for an exception!